Friday, November 26, 2010

- Two Worlds II -


Two Worlds II

I have been reading a lot about this game, and I have seen trailers, pictures, screenshots and fan arts, and I found it to be very good looking with the 'new' kind of graphics they have been using within this game, from what I saw on the screenshots and in-game videos that is.

So I decided to buy the game and try it out myself.

After finishing the installation I started the game and began a new game. Everything starts with customizing your character, you can't change a lot, only the basic physics on the guy you are going to play as.
The game starts with a intro, a video, which explains who you are as the character and what your goal are in the game. The intro finishes and it's finally time to play, the game explains the basic controls on how to walk and how to look around.

Though, after approximately six or seven minutes into the game you have to pick up a weapon to fight with.
The game tells you how to pick it up and then it says "Equip the weapon".
This is were I got my first problem with the game; 'How' I wondered, how to equip the weapon?
I looked around the keyboard and tried multiple keys that 'normally' opens the inventory such as "I", "B" "TAB".

Though none did work. I had to check the manual / Keyboard settings to find out that "F4" opens the inventory.

In my opinion I would like that the game explains how to do such things and that, I, as the player should not have to pause in the middle of the game just to get a key explained out of the game.
I continued my journey in the game and I realized that more keys were not explained such as how to open the spell book, nor did they explain how to use and upgrade spells. I had to look it all up in the keyboard interface settings.
It started to annoy me that every time I learned to do a new thing inside the game, I had to check the settings in the game to learn how to open the interface panel for it.

And about 40-50 minutes into the game, the graphics began to get annoying. the graphics in the game looks really good, though it's too blurry. My eyes started to hurt after one hour playing.


Blurry View, not just only in moonlight, it's this blurry the whole game.


+ Good story.
+ Good looking graphics.
- Too Blurry
- Important keys is not explained in the game.
- Too many 'sexual' scenes.
- Too many scantily clad women.


No comments:

Post a Comment

http://unemployed-nerd.blogspot.com/ http://unemployed-nerd.blogspot.com/